• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DISCUSSION Future of network engineer
What will be the future of network engineer after automation

challenge question. By myself (big enterprise network architect) is a piece of the big networking puzzle, that will change the working model for some engineer not for all. Who work in small environment, or static environment, do not need to use it and will continue to work in the same manner.
For those who will work on automation at a fundamental level and having to face with programming, API..., I think these new skills will help them to also to understand how the application engineers work. This is very useful for a network engineer, because he can have a more wide vision and become a good solution engineer.
Filling this gap with a good understanding of Kubernetes and containers(not so deep to become a CCIE of container or Kubernetes), I think can be new kind of career.
A.