• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DISCUSSION Networking industry is all marketing shxt
I am a network engineer in a Telco. A few years ago, i start feeling frustrated with studying for certificates. There are so many people saying that we are all need to learn this and that, like programming, docker, kubernates, cloud...
How can people learn so much stuff? And i am disappointed in Cisco certificate. I got ccnp R&S 10 years ago. I did learn all useful stuff in networking. They are all core stuff to configure or troubleshooting a network. Today, Cisco just keeps adding more and more stuff to the exam. I think more than 50% is marketing shit. I almost finish reading the sdwan book. I like the template idea to push the configuration from vmanage for remote sites. But all the complexities are needed to deal with. Is it really worth to use the cisco sdwan if i have less than 50 sites? I think i wont go for new certificates. Just deep dive on some core topic like bgp. I am 100% sure bgp will be still around next 30 years.