• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DISCUSSION Study Plan for CCIE Enterprise infrastructure
Hi All 

I am studying CCIE Enterprise infrastructure can someone share Study plan for this track??

If possible we discuss on this thread and and prepare Study plan for the same....thanks!!

Hi

Studying for the CCIE, is a long road, so be prepared to dedicate a lot of time for this. Rene has an excellent YouTube video that gives the best overall strategy I have seen.

Start by studying for the Written Exam (which I passed just a week ago!). I recommend you get the Cisco blueprint for the Written , and then copy all of this text into a spreadsheet which you will use as a “progress” tracker. Personally, I created a column next to each topic and gave myself a ranking for the topic in question–1-5. 1 = “I have never heard of this before” through to 5 = “I am an expert. I understand the topic, can configure and troubleshoot the technology”

Next, you might consider the products offered by Internetwork Expert (INE.com). I have a 2-year “All Access Pass” subscription. If you think this is too expensive, you might think about purchasing their “CCIE Advanced Technology” course. It is over 100 hours of video instruction.

I recommend you get a copy of the Anki Flash Card program (its free). As you are studying and you are taking notes, create flash cards as you go along. With Anki, it is very intelligent about asking you flash cards and repeating ones that you missed.

Hopefully this will help you Smile

I recommend, "Your CCIE Lab Success Strategy The Non-Technical Guide Book By Dean Bahizad CCIE 18887 (R&S, SP) Vivek Tiwari CCIE 18616 (R&S, SP)." It's very easy reading. But it gives you a good idea on what is the commitment that is needed, and also all the different aspectst you have to consider, like how to get your family behind you to support you. Also, I hear Roger Perkins is coming out with a book on the same topic. Also, if you just look through the archives of this forum you can find a good idea too.

Please consider the entire journey when starting. I started 3 years ago with a full-time job and living nextdoor to the office (so no commutting involved). Maybe I am a slow learner, but I needed a lot of private time and family time to commit. And unless you can dedicate from time to time some days or weeks to the study, it will be very difficult.

It would be easier to gain employer support in terms of days away from work to be able to study.

also if you have a partner please consider discussing this together, including the amount of money to dedicate for purchasing workbooks, equipment, rack rentals, mock labs, going 1-2-3 times to take the exam (exam fee, hotel, plane tickets) etc. And make sure it is unterstood and not lightly taken. I can speak from my experience, "i understand" is not equal to "i understand".

As others have said, good resources are:

INE's Expanded blueprint. WHEN you get serious (e.g. you pass your written), copy this into excel, and go through the whole thing. I even went so far as to make columns and I would put in the Configuration Guide and Section each topic could be found in. You will learn that all of these little repetitive actions will increase your memory and recall.
The Non Technical CCIE guidebook. Really great read as mentioned by another. Gives you a reasonable timeline to follow. I followed it, and although I didnt pass on my first attempt, I nearly did (I chalk it up to nerves, failed the overall score but passed all sections. Take my second attempt soon). The book made me feel confident in my studies and how I was progressing, and in this journey, you need confidence (IN IT TO WIN IT Big Grin).
Unfortunately, the reality is you will need to eat, sleep, and dream CCIE for the next few years. Listen to (or) watch videos whereever (and/or) whenever you can. Wake up early to study (or) read (or) watch videos (or) lab. If you exercise, combine studying and exercising. Things I did included walking on a treadmill while watching 1-2 ATC videos, watching videos on the train to/from work for an hour each way. Listening to videos while I walked from the train to work. Watching videos/reading/labbing on my lunches. Staying home friday/saturday/sunday and reading/labbing/studying. You just gotta do it.

You may want to look into study strategies too; as someone mentioned Anki is good for memory recall. I found Mind Maps work well for me.

TLBig GrinR, study in small chunks daily, and it will all add up. Cant cram for this test, you gotta take it a day at a time, small chunks at a time, where/when you can before/after/during times at work. If you have a family, get them onboard first Smile. By the time you take the lab, you will/should be able to look at INE's Config Section labs and write 80-90% of the configs without touching the CLI, just by knowing what they are asking you to do. When you get to that point, then its just working on efficiency (use of templates, copy/paste, etc) and nerves Smile.

I stressed over making the best study plan but realized I was severely overreacting.

Just copy and paste the expanded blueprint into a spreadsheet. Create columns with your resources. For example, take the VLAN section. Across the top of the spreadsheet there will be columns for everything you are going to use for your studying. You obviously won't use the same resources for everything. For VLANs, I would put a mark in the corresponding box for Cisco CCIE R & S Cert Guide Volume 1, CCNP ROUTE Cert Guide, Implementing IP ROUTE FLG, Cisco LAN Switching (optional), INE Written Videos, any RFCs you might use, and so on. When you complete one of the resources for the specified topic, you can shade in the box so you know it's complete. You can also use multiple colors for indicating your expertise on the topic. For example, green is something you are complete secure with and don't have to go back and re-read. Red can be something you want to go back to at some point.

I have a ridiculous amount of columns because topics like MPLS, IPv6, QOS, and so on, have their own specific books.

Another bit of advice, I would do some labbing for the necessary topics, even after reading the sections for the written exam. You'll remember it easier when you have to convey it to your fingers to type on a screen. That has been proven multiple times over. Taking handwritten notes is a great idea, too. I did that when watching the VLAN videos.
This post was last modified: 04-19-2020, 10:15 AM by netengr.

You should read below post so that will get very good idea

Note: this is for v4 you have to modify as per your exam version

https://howdoesinternetwork.com/2015/i-ccie
This post was last modified: 04-19-2020, 10:24 AM by tuhao910.

This one also have good Study plan

https://netfixpro.com/ccie-rsv5-recommen...-approach/

Best of luck for CCIE StudyAt

What books to study for the CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure exam?

(05-01-2020, 07:18 PM)vishnubraj Wrote: What books to study for the CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure exam?

Hi vishnubraj

You can check below thead. Quit good discussion is going on there for books

https://www.itstudygroup.org/Thread-DISC...ture-Track

I hope this is helpful for you.